The Society of Estonian Conservators (SEC)
is a non-profit professional association, which was reorganized from a local organization called the Tartu Restorers' Club in 2008, and is spreading its activities all over Estonia.
The Societies membership comprises conservators, restorers and preservation specialists of different fields and materials from museums, archives, libraries and private entrepreneurship as well as lecturers from the corresponding specialities.
The Society recognizes the principles of conservators' professional ethics established by the European Confederation of Conservators-Restorers' Organisations (ECCO).
Objectives of the Society:
- Developing the sphere of the preservation of cultural heritage;
- Improving conservators-restorers' professional skills and knowledge and shaping their professional ethics;
- Protecting and representing its members' occupational, professional and social rights and interests.
To execute these objectives, the Society:
- Gathers and mediates professional information;
- Organizes trainings, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, study trips;
- Participates in the development of the national training and accreditation system for conservators;
- Cooperates with other associations with similar objectives in Estonia and abroad.